This enables reader in safari browser
Organised in collaboration with the Danish EU Presidency and convening just three days before the Spring European Council, The Europe 2020 Summit will focus on developing a successful growth and jobs strategy as an antidote to the economic crisis – and the concrete actions that should be taken now to kick-start employment and stimulate innovation.
Convening under the timely theme of Unleashing Growth and Creating Jobs, The Europe 2020 Summit will feature keynote addresses from:
- José Manuel Barroso, president, European Commission
- Nicolai Wammen, minister for European affairs, Denmark
Additional interventions on the challenge of growth and jobs from:
- Alessandro Leipold, chief economist, the Lisbon Council; former acting director, European department, International Monetary Fund
- Beñat Bilbao-Osorio, economist and associate director, Centre for Global Competitiveness and Performance, World Economic Forum
- Jean-Luc Schneider, deputy director, economics department, OECD
- Yannis Stournaras, general director, Foundation for Economic and Industrial Research (IOBE), Greece
The Lisbon Council will use the occasion to launch a New Policy Brief: 'Lessons in Crisis Management: How the European Stability Mechanism Can be Rendered Effective' by Alessandro Leipold. Mr. Leipold will be on hand to present the main findings of the policy brief and answer any questions.
11h30-15h30 (registration and coffee reception from 11h00 onwards; networking lunch served from 13h00-14h00 for all registered participants)
If you plan on attending The 2012 Europe 2020 Summit, please send an e-mail at your earliest convenience with the subject heading “Europe 2020” to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seats will be distributed on a first-come, first served basis. Only registered participants will have access to the venue.