This enables reader in safari browser
The 2012 European Consumer Day: "Sustainable consumption in a time of crisis" will take place in Copenhagen on Thursday 15 March 2012 at 9 a.m. Held at the European Environment Agency headquarters, the 2012 European Consumer Day is organised by the European Economic and Social Committee and the Danish Consumer Council.
Green economy, sustainable life-styles, secured access to enough food, clean water and energy for everyone will be the topics of debate at the conference marking the 2012 European Consumer Day.
Top speakers will include:
- Mr Staffan Nilsson, President of the EESC
- Mr Ole Sohn, Danish Minister for Business and Growth
- Mr Martin Lidegaard, Danish Minister for Climate, Energy and Building
- Mr Malcolm Harbour, MEP, President of IMCO Committee, European Parliament
- Mr Mads Øvlisen, Chair-UN Global Compact Advisory Group on Supply Chain Sustainability
- Ms Stine Bosse, Chairman of CONCITO, Denmark's green think tank
- Mr Rasmus Kjeldahl, Executive Director of The Danish Consumer Council
- Ms Jacqueline McGlade, Executive Director, European Environment Agency
The conference will focus on sustainable consumption and production, posing questions such as: are Europeans ready to phase out unsustainable consumption and production patters and take action for a better use of the earth's limited natural resources? How can we make sustainable consumption the easy choice for consumers? What instruments should we use to stimulate market driven strategies? Did the crisis have an impact on those strategies? Do consumers trust in sustainable products? How can we promote alternative consumption practices?
The opening session will be followed by a press meeting with VIP participants.
Alejandro Lopez Izquierdo, European Economic and Social Committee
Tel: +32 25 46 94 06, email: email@example.com
Claus Dithmer, Danish Consumer Council
Tel: +45 22 22 74 54, email: firstname.lastname@example.org