With more than 700 different events, 150 politicians and 300 companies, NGOs and public in-stitutions this year’s People Meeting is to become an even bigger success than in 2011. Last year 10,000 people attended the event, while the organizers expect up to 20,000 politically interested participants in 2012.
The Minister for European Affairs debates the results of the Danish EU Presidency
On 15 June at 12:30 to 13:15 Minister for European Affairs Nicolai Wammen will debate the results of the Danish Presidency with Climate Commissioner Connie Hedegaard and Member of the European Parliament Jens Rohde. 1 July Cyprus takes over the Presidency and in the six months with Danish ministers chairing the negations, significant progress have been made to bring the EU cooperation forward and help create growth and jobs. Following the presentations from the panellists, the audience is invited to pose questions. The event takes place in the EU debate tent at Kampeløkken Havn.
Naturally, you can also meet the Presidency’s communications team in the EU information tent and learn more about the work of the Presidency, have an EU sprinkled ice cream and win the official Presidency neckties and scarves in our EU quiz. The EU information tent at Kampeløkken Havn is open Thursday-Saturday from 9-19 and Sunday from 9-14.
Selected EU events
- The TV show ’The Europe Magazine’ will go behind the scenes of the Danish EU Presi-dency, when host Rasmus Nielsen (Altinget.dk) has invited politicians, experts and business people on stage. Time and place: 14 June, 16:00-19:00 on Allinge Harbour - Inner Pier.
- Test your EU knowledge and win great prizes! Time and place: 14 June, 16:00-17:00 in the EU information tent at Kampeløkken Havn.
- A resource-efficient Europe - a new common market for green transition. How do we ensure that we boost our economy while getting the European consumers to spend less on new things and more on durable quality products and services? The Danish Europe Movement and the think tank Concito invite you to join the debate and hear business people and politicians' take on this issue. Time and place: 15 June 14:15-15:00 in the EU2020 tent at Kampeløkken Havn.
- The EU hot seat. The Danish European Movement puts Danish politicians to the test and asks them to-the-point-questions about the EU. Time and place: This takes place on several days in the EU2020 tent at Kampeløkken Havn.
- How to create growth in Denmark? Learn how the Danish Growth Council and the coun-try's growth forums are working to create growth and development. Climate Commis-sioner Connie Hedegaard and Minister for Trade and Investment Pia Olsen Dyhr will also give their view on the growth opportunities. Journalist Kaare R. Schou moderates the debate. Time and place: 15 June 16:15-17:15 at Kampeløkken Havn.
- Experience a lively debate on the EU strategy for the Baltic Sea Region with special focus on environmental priorities, growth potential and job creation in the region. Meet Danish parliamentarians Jeppe Kofod and Jakob Ellemann-Jensen as well as Frederik Romberg, business executive at Business Center Bornholm, who will debate the future role of Denmark in the Baltic Sea Region. Time and place: 16 June 13:30-15:00 in the EU information tent at Kampeløkken Havn.
Rina Valeur Rasmussen, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Tel: +45 25 28 37 99, email: firstname.lastname@example.org